21 July 2010

Spaghetti alle Vongole

*Phew* Finally some time to do some cooking, the most recent trip to Milan has left me disappointed and craving for some decent spaghetti, I have eaten some really good ones in Italy but this time, I was too tired to be shuttling about looking for good food. Reason? I was busy shopping around the branded shops which were having a sale, but glad to say, there was only a tinny hole in my pocket and for that, I think I deserve a good pat on my shoulder!

Oh yes, so I decided that it was time for some pasta right back here on my sunny little island. Deciding on what kind of pasta was the main issue, I wasn't really keen on white creamy based pasta so it was a split vote between the white wine or tomato based. Something tells me that clams were a good idea, without a doubt, I went for the spaghetti with clams in white wine sauce, also known as spaghetti alle vongole. Easy to make if you have all the ingredients on hand. Well, I should have bought a bottle of white wine before I came out of duty free area... it will be on my 'to do' list next time I travel! Let's see what else I need: Spaghetti, parsley, garlic, olive oil, chili flakes, clams and white wine, checked checked checked.

The end product was not bad although my mum prefers it with more chili flakes, I like mine the way it is, the sweetness of the clams seeps into every strand of the spaghetti while leaving your mouth with freshness from the parsley. One word: Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment