09 February 2010

The Gloomy Old Man

I am so sick of trying to be encouraging and nice to the old man in my family, he is always dumping cold water in my face whenever I try to organize some trips or plan for some family events. Asking them if they are keen to visit Australia at the end of the year, I had two extreme reactions, my mum was delighted but the silly old man was throwing ice cubes at me, telling me how many people died in Australia recently because they rented a car to go around. Gosh, it was as if I was trying to drag him to hell and to think that I offered to stay at home to look after my dog, Tiger, if they decided to go! And what response did I get from the old man...

"What for go so far, just go Bangkok near and good, old already, also don't when will die..."

I was pissed, no matter how I tried to duck the ice cubes that he was throwing at me, I couldn't avoid the pail of cold water that was dumped on me, so I replied.

"Whenever everyone is in a good mood, trying to plan something, all you do is to discourage every one. Yes, you are right, you might die soon, every one has to die someday, maybe I will die tomorrow, you never know!"

What can I do, I have tried so many ways to make things better, but I am a human after all, there are days that I am tired too, there are days that I feel discourage too, one day, I will stop making an effort, making an effort to plan trips for the family, making an effort to ask friends out when they keep postponing the dates, I gotta a feeling that one day may come soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment