05 February 2010

Mountains of New Year Cookies and a... Chocolate Bread-Cake...

Chinese New Year is approaching, it's the season where all families stock up all kinds of goodies to welcome the new year and for all to enjoy. For me, the excitement of having Chinese New Year has gradually decreased over the years... Why so? Well, when you are younger, the thought of receiving red packets and gorging on never-ending supply of sweets and chocolates would really seem like a dream come true and to add to that, no school! But as I grew up, the excitement seems to fade away with each approaching year, though I still enjoy not having to attend school of course. 

But this year, for some reasons... I am looking forward to the Lunar New Year, maybe it was because I wasn't here to celebrate it with my family last year so I sort of miss having reunion dinner with the rest, all the laughters and noise of having all the relatives over at my place, and not to forget... listening to those irritating Chinese New Year songs... =)

This year, I took time off to make some cookies for Chinese New Year. A must have - Pineapple tarts! Healthier choices - 1) Cranberries and Oatmeal Cookies, 2) Pecans and Chocolate Chips Cookies. They turn out quite well except for the pecan cookies, it was a little flat but awfully crispy so that made up for its appearances I guess.





Well, I have to say most of the cookies turn out quite well and are quite delicious! Hopefully, I won't be snacking on them too often or there would nothing else left for the rest.

I tried to make another chocolate bread but change the proportions of the flour and water, thanks to my itchy fingers, the chocolate bread or maybe it should be called a cake... no... it is a hybrid of both... chewy, spongy yet soft at the same time. It was still quite enjoyable, maybe it was due to the loads of bittersweet chocolate chips that I invested in the bread-cake. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment