26 July 2008

Do you really know anyone?

One day, lying in bed, I was trying to figure out how to get my hotmail account working again when I heard my brother asked my mum, "Where should I hide this bag, wanna give this to Yi (my sis-in-law) as a surprise.." I turned around and gapped at the Blue Label Burberry bag he was holding. What!! My brother actually has some living sensitive cells in him, then I realized - How well do I really know or understand the people around me, including those that have been living under the same roof as me for my entire life?

For the next few days, I was a pest by trying to sound out whether my family members knew what each other like or dislike. It was all going well until my all-time-super mummy asked if I would like sea cucumber (a slimy translucent echinoderm that humans consume) for dinner, I rolled my eyes in shock. My "super nanny" seems to have forgotten the fact that I have never touched any sea cucumber on any kind of dishes all my life. The final evaluation - No human can ever truly understand another human even though one could memorize his/her likes or dislikes, routines in life.. etc because deep inside, there is always one (or maybe a few.. =)  ) secret that one would like to keep. Whether this secret (it could be a memory) brings up a smile, a feeling of disgust, a pang of regret, a bout of anger or even a couple of tears doesn't matter because at the end of the day, it still belongs to only one, which is you...  


No comments:

Post a Comment