16 November 2008

Munching.. Cravings.. Snacking... Slurping...

Working with irregular hours has certainly helped me gain an extra pound of flesh in all the wrong places. And only through looking at myself naked in the mirror one day, I discovered that I have been trying to deny the fact that I have gained a more than a few pounds...

Being a thin rack all throughout my life, I could not stand the sight of all the wobbly bits that I saw. So I signed up for a course with a fitness boutique (Of course it wasn't cheap!) and started my healthy lifestyle.

At first, I was oh so determined to lose those extra pounds but whenever I couldn't stop my cravings anymore, I would be attacking all kind of sinful food for the ENTIRE day, and when I say entire, it really meant 24 hours a day which makes me feel disgusted at myself too. There was once that I went crazy with cravings for chocolate that I almost bought every kind of chocolate bar that was sold in the NTUC of terminal 3. 

Today... was one of those days. It started out with lunching with my family and  I was telling myself that I would take a little of everything and loads of the veggies. First came the hokkien mee that I only ate a few spoonfuls. Great, everything is going as planned. Next, the broccoli which I ate with no reserve and then the sambal kangkong arrive which was too spicy for me (Phew~ I could have ate tons of that). Then came the cheese crab which looks too good to pass, so I had a claw, and then more and more. It did not stop at that, the black pepper crab came too and that was the end of my "eat a little of everything plan".

When I got home, one would think that after such a heavy lunch, I would be feeling so so guilty and starve for the rest of the day. No! I continued snacking -  Ben & Jerry's Vanilla ice cream with a slice of original Sara Lee cake (I luuuurve Sara Lee's pound cake). 

Dinner was a little better, salad with egg (sweeten egg, like the kind on sushi) and I munch on a slice of low GI bread topped with half cream cheese and the other half with hazelnut chocolate.

Now.. I am slurping on a Japanese instant noodle which I totally enjoyed. Will tomorrow be a better day?


No comments:

Post a Comment