11 January 2010

Pancetta Spaghetti

A rare day at home, the only day in the week that I am back here. I have just returned from Brisbane and heading to Melbourne tomorrow. I look forward to my trip in Melbourne as I enjoy visiting Mart 130 for brunch! A cosy cafe built into a tram station, and it will be glorious to visit the cafe in the summer of Australia. This wonderful place was recommended by Ming and I miss those days that we visited the cafe, salivating over the delicious food, getting lost sometimes... etc.

Oh, pardon me for letting my thoughts wonder once again. I was craving for something simple, something easy to whipped up in minutes. What was better than a plate of home-cooked spaghetti, just the way I like it. I decided that there was going to be no sauce, just olive oil. Something like aglio e olio, but a tad heavier in taste... I need... bacon!

Bacon sliced into small pieces, garlic and parsley chopped and tomato deseeded and cut into small cubes. Heat the pan with olive oil, fry the bacon till crisp, set the bacon aside, add the garlic, then the cooked spaghetti, tomato, parsley, a pinch chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Toss and turn, in goes half of the bacon and it is done. Plate and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment