01 August 2009

C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E

Chocolate cake... delicious, warm and moist chocolate cake. I woke up from my nap and decided to bake something with loads of chocolate in it. Definitely too lazy to head out for any ingredients since I just returned this morning and have to head out again tomorrow night. Decided on a simple chocolate cake, something like 'Gateau au Chocolat', nothing fancy but it will do its job as a dessert. I am quite sure my sis-in-law and bro will enjoy that.

It's really simple, to get it going, I melted butter with dark chocolate using the bain-marie technique. Mix the eggs, egg yolk, sugar and vanilla extract. What I like about this cake - it contains minimal flour and sugar, you get most of the sweetness from the dark chocolate itself. Fold in the smooth chocolate mixture and flour into the eggy mix and it's ready for the oven.

I baked two mini ones with a piece of additional chocolate in it, and two small ones for my sis-in-law and bro. Well, I can't help but finish the two mini ones before dinner.



Finished the one above in less than ten minutes and I had to stop the urge of reaching out for the rest...

Well, my bro likes it with loads of ice cream, that explains the start of the bump at his waist, wonder when will it become full-blown.. *giggles*. Sis-in-law likes it the way it is, next time, she have to try it warm, just out of the oven!

1 comment:

  1. I want the recipe!!!! Give it to me please..... YUMMY!!! :) Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete