12 August 2009

Home-Made Food

There is nothing I missed more than home-cooked food when I am abroad. I do love eating abroad, the many different ways how food is being prepared and presented. But end of the day, nothing is better than food that brings back memories of your childhood.

For dinner today, I had steamed egg topped with shallots and shrimps that have been deep-fried till crispy, fresh greens stir-fry in garlic and honey-roasted ribs (the improved version). Everything was simple but yummy.

I love everything made by my mum and sometimes... my dad (I use sometimes because we are still having a cold war), dishes like:

Slow-Cooked Bitter Gourd with Pork Belly in Bean Sauce
Bitter Gourd Soup (the very best in the world)
Winter Melon with Salted Egg Soup
Sweet and Sour Pork
Mixed Rice (chinese sausage, dried black mushroom, bits of chicken, dried scallops mixed in the rice with a sauce, nobody but my dad makes it right)
Laksa (my family version)
Popiah (my family version too, loads of all ingredients! *giggles*)
Green and Red Bean Soup
Teriyaki Chicken Wing (my mum deserve a pat on the back, no one can resist the WINGS)
Chicken Wings with Ginger
Luncheon Meat with Potato
Fried Rice (diced chinese sausages, dried scallops and green asparagus)
Steamed Sago with Coconut
Melon and Sago in Coconut Milk

There are simply too many dishes made by my family that I love and enjoy. I love food and my family plays a big part in me being able to enjoy and love food. I can't wait for the next home-cooked meal!

Tata =)

No comments:

Post a Comment