28 August 2009

Lunch-Making


Scallops... it is hard to find nice and plump ones on this sunny island, so whenever I am in any Australian airport, I would keep a lookout for any shops that sells frozen abalones and scallops, to my delight, I did find some. Nice and plump ones, great for grilling!



Today, I decided to try my hand on a new dish - Grilled Scallops paired with a Refreshing Salad. The salad consist of diced mango, tomatoes and cucumber, mix with a little olive oil, lime juice, a pinch of salt and pepper. This salad goes well of most seafood,
in fact, it taste great by itself!

My mum loves it but my dad refuses to have anything to do with it, being his annoying and arrogant self as usual (we are still having our cold war...), he never fails to make me feel irritated and disappointed. Oh well, I have learnt never to take his attitude to heart, since he is really skillful at "dumping ice water on everyone"... drenching all the hopes and excitement, so I stayed cool and enjoyed my dish even more =)

No comments:

Post a Comment