03 August 2009

A Rainy Day in Zurich

I was so excited about going to Zurich again, it was ages since I went there. To tell the truth, I have been there more than five times in my life yet never really ever took a stroll around the city area or the old town of Zurich. I love the old town of Zurich, walking along the streets of the old town, you can find vintage shops selling all kind of goodies, and for someone like me who enjoys food tremendously, it was a great place to be. There were small shops selling aged balsamic vinegar, homemade pasta, bitter chocolate and much more.

My spirits was dampened with the weather forecast that it was going to be rainy and cold. Still, I was quite determined to make my way out. That was the idea till I got to Zurich, the weather was definitely not good, and considering the clothing I have brought with me, it would be suicide since I have barely recovered from my flu.

After much deliberation, Coop was my choice of supermarket shopping. I dressed as warm as I could by layering t-shirts over t-shirts, definitely wasn't very pretty, but who was looking at such early hours of the morning. Coop was merely ten to fifteen minutes away from the hotel I was staying in. Supermarket shopping is the area which I spent most of my money on. And when I take my time to snoop around, my wallet is definitely going to be much lighter at the end of the day.

Well, I did spend a couple of hours there. Buying food that I missed and would be great as snacks for the mini-break waiting for me when I returned. shopping bag: Barilla's fettuccine and lasagne sheets, I swear by Barilla's pastas. Handmade tortellini
(Prosciutto Crudo e Formaggio), handmade gnocchi with tomato and mozzarella stuffings, two balls of mozzarella, two packets of prosciutto (love this dry-cured ham!), three packets of instant rosti and a bottle of Italian Chardonnay.

Passing a confectionary on the way back to the hotel, I decided that a
pastry would cheer up my dampened spirits, I choose a chocolate mousse cake. With that, I hummed my way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment