08 August 2009

missed again

*shucks*

Jasmine is leaving for the U.S. today... I think...

Ahhh, I keep missing the details of my friends' lives, important details... change of jobs, leaving the country, with boyfriends, no boyfriends, breakups, weddings, children's birthdays and so on...

Messaging Jasmine this morning made me feel a pang of regret. Since her return from Melbourne, we hardly even met up twice and she is gone again before I could pass her any overdued Christmas or birthday gifts.

Because of my job, or the fact that I am so reeled up about what I should do about my future that I let some important friends of my life slip away from me, and now, I wonder if it is possible to reel back the strings of lost friendships.

For the past three years, I have been a hectic fool, I know I have been a friend who is never there to listen or chat (unless we are willing to pay the price of international calls), to drink and be drunk with, to shop and sob over girly movies, to cook and chill over each other's places...

But I will try... this month, next month, next year. Can I have you guys back in my life, please?

Jasmine: I promise to visit you in Houston or have a vacation in Belgium, let's keep in touch with regular emails, yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment