12 November 2009

Birthday Cuppa-Cakes

My niece's birthday is approaching, I have not seen her since her first month's  anniversary which is almost... 11 months! I am embarrassed by that fact since she will be the very first little cutie who would address me as 'auntie'. Kinda of looking forward to that but not the part which I have to acknowledge that I have aged... Enough about all these depressing details, back to what I am supposed to do for her birthday party. Sadly, I have to miss seeing her again as I would be on a flight to New York. Although I won't be there, but my gifts will be!

Profiteroles... and... Maybe I should make some mini-cupcakes too so I tested a couple of recipes. Chocolate cupcakes with bittersweet ganache and chocolate mint cupcakes with white chocolate frosting. As my dad can't take sweet stuff, I usually reduce the recipe portion to half or a quarter since only my mum and I would be the one eating them and I hate seeing the baked items going to waste.






They taste good but I had to think of a way to make the frosting and ganache more stable at room-temperature, guess there are still more thinking and work to be done. Till then. Ciaossu!

No comments:

Post a Comment