11 November 2009

Colors of the rainbow ~ ~ maCarOOns

1 day, that is all I have in Zurich. Cold and rainy, not the best weather for getting out of bed. Although I was quite determined to get some macaroons from Sprüngli and Ladurée when I found out I was due for a trip to Zurich. Clean and comfy in my pyjamas, I knew it would be a fruitless attempt at persuading myself to change and head out. Every time I attempt to crawl out of bed, I sinked further into the warmth of the comforter. I was destined to lose the battle against the comforter. I sulked at the though of missing the chance to taste some great macaroons. 


But I was pleasantly surprised when I found a Sprüngli counter somewhere near my boarding gate, nothing was going to stop me from buying the macaroons this time. Without a though, I bought the largest box of macaroons I found find, a hefty 33 swiss francs for 36 small macaroons but I knew it was going to be worth it. The moment I got home, I shamelessly indulge in the macaroons, oblivious to the happenings around me except for the decision of picking the next macaroon to savour.








No comments:

Post a Comment