05 November 2009

Macaroons

Macaroons... Something that I thought of baking for quite awhile but been putting it off as I had no time to age the egg whites. I know... excuses... excuses... Finally, the day has come for me to face the challenge and I was excited to know if I would be lucky to achieve the highly sought after "feets" that all macaroons are supposed to have and without these "feets", it can't live up to its name of being a macaroon.

True enough, it was a challenge, and my first batch of macaroons was destined to fail miserably with no "feets" and a bubbled surface as you can see below... *sigh* but still delicious with the chocolate hazelnut ganache.



The second batch came out with "feets"! Hooray!! But the temperature of the oven was too hot and browned the pretty pink macaroons... Another failure...



The task of achieving the purr..fect little macaroons will never cease...

No comments:

Post a Comment