10 November 2009

A Japanese Dinner With A Flip & A Flop

"Can you think of some Japanese dishes?"

My mum asked me out of the blue one day, and I nodded my head and told her that I would come up with something. At that moment, the image of the new cookbook that I just bought from Los Angeles floated into my mind...

Well, it certainly proved to be quite useful. We finally decided on vegetable tempuras, chicken yakitori, beef wraps, salmon tofu balls...etc. Japanese dishes are not that easy to cook, lots of preparation work and everything has to be eaten right after they are cooked, when it turns cold, it is a flop.
Here are the flips and the flops:

Prep-work:
Beef and asparagus wraps


Pork and golden mushroom wraps


Crispy Salmon Tofu Balls


Chicken Yakitori (the sauce was a tad bit too sweet)


Beef and Pork Wraps

No comments:

Post a Comment