01 December 2009

The Big Apple That Never Sleeps

An apple that never sleep? Well, I am referring to the city of New York, a place where the lights are always bright, where the streets are always filled with people, where the roads are always covered with endless cars and where the clubs never seem to close. I love being in New York, and being there simply lift up my spirit once again.

It has been ages since I had so much time to spare in New York and I was glad that I did make use of my time there to shop, eat and visit all the places that I have always wanted to. The weather in New York was quite enjoyable but chilly and sometimes, there was a tiny amount of raining.

My very first destination was the Central Park and it was a glorious day to out in the park and I managed to find the ice-skating ring which reside in the middle of the park, and it was a fun sight to see all the kids and parents skating around with their colorful outfits. The park was surrounded by trees of many colors - green, red, yellow... etc. It was a wonderful sight to behold.

An american breakfast that I never miss whenever I am in the States.


Can you spot the squirrel? They run about the park freely, coming so close to the humans, to the point that we could almost touch them.


Loving the nature.


Ice-skating ring visited by families and shown in countless movies. Wanted to head down myself too, but my group didn't seem keen. *sigh*


Moment of laughter, candid shot.


Colors of the park.


The zoo in New York wasn't big but it did bring back many happy memories, and brought me much joy to be around the animals. Too bad, the polar bears and snow leopard were asleep when we were there, so I didn't managed to get a good shot of any of them. I was surprised to see the snow monkeys, and there was a tinge of sadness seeing them in the zoo since I have visited the wild ones when I was a Nagano early this year. I was sad to see the animals caged up, especially the polar bears and sea lions. Deep down, I knew that it wasn't fair for the humans to do this to the animals who belong to the wild but without the zoos, our children will never learn or be able to see certain animals and in the future, protect these animals from harm. I choose to believe that bringing human the knowledge and truth about the animals would help us in protecting them from extinction in the future. But I cannot deny that humans have harm the animals in more than one way... So please be kind to the nature and to the animals.

We were really excited like little children and showing off our tickets.


Black and white ruffed lemurs, really agile animals which you can observe when it swings freely from one tree to the next.


Birds of all kinds were allowed to roam freely in an enclosed area, and we were allow to walk freely among them, even the peacocks were striding next to us, showing off its beautiful fan of feathers.


Another picture of a squirrel, this time I managed to catch it on photo when it was munching on its nut.


Gentoo Penguins in a man-made home.




The cute Red Panda among its food (which are the tree leaves).




Next, I visited the museum of New York, the one where Night at The Museum was filmed, one day was barely enough to cover the whole place. There was so much to read and to see, it would take you days if you were to read every small details of every article or item. There were histories of different races, galleries of tribal groups, statues of marine and land animals, real meteorites and so much more. It is indeed a place where both adults and children could learn facts and enjoy absorbing the immense knowledge through the surroundings.

There are so much to do in New York and I can't wait to return to this city that never sleeps, hopefully, the next time with a companion. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment