30 December 2009

Marriage and what comes after?

It was only yesterday I was mumbling about the endless number of people who were tagged under 'engaged, getting married, pregnant...' and here I am today, receiving another piece of good news, from someone, but I shall not divulge her name here since it is her good news to share with others and I am sure she prefers to tell her friends personally than see me announce it on my blog although only a few close friends have access to this blog. Although things have happened between us, I would still like to think that she is a close friend, in fact, a buddy. I know it is shameless to claim that when everything is one-sided *lol*

But nevertheless, I am truly delighted and happy for her, I believe that she knows this person is perfect for her, that is why she gave him her thumbs up. Well, I think love has always played a major role in her life and marriage will too in the future, I daresay the groom is a lucky man to have found such a patient, loving and selfless woman to be his wife.

I wonder what happens after marriage, will everything go on hold, are children a must? How will life change? As I lay in bed, munching on my ginger snaps, thinking if I will ever find someone who can tolerate a woman munching on ginger snaps in bed and in the middle of the night! The very thought sent me right back to earth, it would take a special man to see pass that and still allows me to stay in bed... With that, I can't help but smile to myself.

To my friend: Mazel Tov!

1 comment:

  1. No karen, it's definitely not one-sided. I was wishing for the day we can be friends again, and I'm thankful that the day has come. Regardless of the past, I've never left our friendship, and it has always been held close to my heart. We will build up our friendship again, and through time, I know, it will all be ok. Thank you for your best wishes, and see you soon. For the hurt to our friendship, I'm sorry. You are my buddy, and will always be.

    ReplyDelete