13 December 2009

The World of Travels

Almost every single time I take a cab ride, the taxi driver would ask me:

"So you have travelled throughout the world!"

I would smile to myself and reply:

"The world is so big, and I have only travelled to many cities, there are so many places yet to be discovered."

I was speaking to a friend yesterday and realized that all the places he mentioned were the places I wanted to backpack to. And I wondered, why haven't we discover that when we were younger, befriending him since I was 20, it seems that there were so many things I didn't know about this friend of mine, his family, his histories, his childhood, his aspirations, his dreams, his plans, his goals, his likes, his dislikes, his hobbies, his students, his love, his secrets and so much more. I wonder if time will deny me a second chance of knowing him once again, to understand him a little more. Even though I have knew him for at least 7 years, at times, I still feel nervous and sometimes jittery whenever I spoke to him. Conversations never ceases whenever I am with him, maybe I was too talkative or maybe I was the one hogging the conversation all the time... *turns red* At times when we had to stop our conversations due to the start of dinner, movie or musical, for that moment, I wished that we were in a park, lying under the clear blue sky, conversing about anything and everything. And when he mentioned he was never really keen in visiting the big cities, it occurred to me that I said the same thing when I was first trained to travel on the ultra-long range flight which travels only to the States and was disappointed since I love the rustic feel of the small villages which usually houses only in Europe. But whatever no matter how much we think alike, there was one big major difference, he told me that it was great being single and not being tied down, free to do as one wishes. Although I very much enjoy my freedom and independence, but I beg to differ, being with someone does not mean you have to lose all your freedom, but of course, mutual understanding from both parties are required and I believe there will be someone out there who is just the way I am.

Oops.. straying from my traveling. Oh yes, I knew of the places I want to go though not in specifics:

England, Scotland and Wales... after I caught the movie, Pride and Prejudice, the castles and vast piece of grasslands have always been part of my plans.



To travel to outskirts and small villages where bustling city streets cannot be found, where tourists have yet to discover the secrets and beauty of such places has always been the reason behind my love for travel.

Greece was once or still the place where I would love to honeymoon. After my first visit to Santorini, I recall myself thinking that I have stepped into a storybook, a place that exist only in fairy tales, the urge to return to discover the rest of the small islands along Greece has never cease. After watching the show, My Greek Kitchen, my interest in Cyprus grew and I longed to visit the the island itself.



But before all the long travel, I should really get to know Asia first, recalling my earlier post, I was deciding whether to visit Japan again, island-hopped Korea or travel the whole of Taiwan? Well, I made a resolution for next year that whenever I have 4 or more days of break, I shall backpack to one of the nearer Asian countries and definitely to Vietnam and hopefully one day, to Bhutan!


No comments:

Post a Comment