29 December 2009

Surrounded by happiness

I wonder if it's the festive season or it's just me. For these couple of months, I seemed to be constantly surrounded by women who are getting married, women who are planning for their weddings, men who are proposing, women who are pregnant and lotsa of children. I am... surrounded by happiness, not of my own but of others. Of course, I am awfully happy for friends who are getting married and delighted with news of pregnancies, but what do one do when the light of happiness seems to shine on everyone else except for yourself. Can you imagine standing on the stage,  every other person has a white and bright spot light shining on them, and your very own spot light seems to be spoiled, denying you the beam that you so craved for, especially at this point of time, at a time of the year where happiness seems to be the only emotion that exist in the world.

I am happy, although not every hour of the day and every day of the year, but I am happy. The year of 2010 is nearing and looking back at the year of 2009, it was not a bad year. The year began on a good note with a trip to Phuket with my buddies - Daphne and Hui Ming, and followed by a snowboarding and backpacking trip with Hui Ming again. It was a great first quarter of the year with all the trips, second quarter came and went, third quarter was when I felt my buddy and I growing closer being emotionally there for one another, I felt closer to her than ever even though we weren't on the same island anymore. Fourth quarter was the worst, with all the emotions running haywire, and the break of friendships and all, but on a good note, I found others, I grew closer to my family, I became a tad closer to Daphne (I have not said it before but thank you for being there... =) ), a good friend of mine is pregnant, I am a little step closer to understanding 'Yee' (for now, he is 'Yee'), my mum is picking up a computer course (I am so proud of her!), I swallowed my pride and contacted a friend (not knowing if it was for the better or worse, our friendship really could go either way...we could go back to being best friends or just friends, I don't know... time will tell...) and my sis-in-law and brother bought me a set of mahjong, a black one with silver dust, just the way I like it!

Another 2 days to a new year, I hope that the year of 2009 will end on a good note and the year 2010 would bring much happiness, surprises and knowledge into the lives of everyone around me, and of course, most importantly, to me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment