19 December 2009

Today has been a good day

I woke up as usual, around 10 in the morning, still regretting over my stupidity of not letting someone send me home last night. There are no signs of any romantic cells in me after all! What was I thinking?!

Am going to meet a good friend of mine, I haven't seen her for quite awhile and was kinda of missing her, and I kept wondering why hasn't she been going to work. I tried to bake a fresh batch of cookies as fast as I could but being a usual "sotong", I forgot all about the eggs when I went to the store to get some unsalted butter and dark chocolate. Usually, I have these baking ingredients stocked up in my refrigerator but my last attempt at the log cake had depleted my supply thanks to my carelessness of overheating the chocolate, which was pretty much useless since overheated chocolate can't be used anywhere else, but I do use it in my brownies sometimes *ssshh*. So I had to run down to get it again when I was waiting for the butter and sugars to get creamed.

At last, I managed to rush out a batch of fresh cookies, get dressed and took the train to my destination instead of wasting money on cab again. The amount I spent on cab every month is simply ridiculous!

As we met and chatted, I showed her the polaroid picture that I took while wearing the 3D specs while watching the movie, Avatar, she told me she had something to show me too, and out she took an ultrasound picture of her baby, I stared at the picture and realization hit me, she was pregnant. I gasped and hugged her tight, I was practically close to tears, I was aware of what she went through the last few months, the operations, the road to recovery, the disappointment but she never gave up. I was so happy for her, this child was a miracle since the doctor told her that her chance of conceiving was near to zero.

All I want for Christmas this year is for her and her baby to be healthy and strong, for her to have a safe delivery, for both the mother and baby to be safe, sound and healthy when the time comes. The joy of hearing the news is simply too great and I was to be delighted the second time today! Another friend of mine is getting married, in February next year!

Today has been a good day! =)

2 comments:

  1. You are the 1st person (except my family) to make me feel so touched, loved and blessed. I'm sure baobao feels the same way too. You have made our day. Thank you deeply.

    Sorry to share this joy with you only till now. There were a few times i wanted to sms u or msn to tell u, somehow it didn't happen.
    So i decided it's time to give u a surprise and i wanted to show u the ultrasound picture of baobao that was taken 2days ago. Pretty fresh from the oven. hehe....

    Baobao n I are very fortunate to have you. Muacks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am so lucky to have you in my life too, can't wait to see Baobao!

    ReplyDelete