27 October 2009

1 picture a day

When I am home, my camera is only used when I baked or cooked something special but that is not the way to hone your camera skills so I told myself: 1 picture a day, all I need is one good picture a day with the correct lighting and exposure.

Well, I returned from Milan 2 days ago, was contemplating buying a Chanel wallet when I was there. But I was glad I managed to resist the temptation even with the other girls around, it is hard not to give in sometimes, they usually seem to have the power of persuasion, that is why I dislike going out with anyone that has a goal - a goal to purchase something branded. At that moment when you see someone else holding something new in their hands, you find the need to do the same, and that need can really burn a hole in your pocket.

Instead, I bought cured beef, parma ham, mascarpone... etc. Salads have become a staple food in my life, something which I crave for time to time and having salads in the States or Europe can be costly at times even though all of us knew that vegetables are not expensive itself. So I do enjoy a home-made salad which is put together in matter of minutes, no fuss at all. I can't stress enough how much I love cured beef and smoked salmon. They pair perfectly with almost any kind of salad leaves and dressing but not the creamy kind like caesar salad dressing. My all time favorite salad with cured beef as the topping seen below, dressed in balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil. Simple yet delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment