25 October 2009

Cream or no cream?

I returned from Milan, and I was eager to make tiramisu again. Why is that so?

Firstly, I bought a few tubs of mascarpone cheese knowing that I wouldn't be able to finish using it all, but all thanks to my itchy fingers... Every time I see a new brand of mascarpone, my hands reach out for the tub unconsciously and there you go, I brought back with me 1.5kg of mascarpone cheese *smiles*

Secondly, I ate an authentic tiramisu made by an italian and it was unbelievably delicious, the tiramisu cream was thick yet smooth, the sponge fingers had soaked up all the aroma coffee and was wrapped entirely in the creamy mixture. From that moment on, I kept thinking how the cream mixture was being made, was it that he added double cream to the mascarpone which made it thicker and smoother?

The moment I got home, I knew what I had to do... After shower, I went through the procedures in my mind. Two different tiramisu, one with double cream and one without, this way, I would be able to compare the two while tasting.

My mum told me that my sis-in-law and brother would be returning for dinner, and maybe going back to visit his in-laws too. So I made 4 boxes of tiramisu... only to discover that my sis-in-law was on her way to Jakarta, and my bro would not be coming as he might be watching the soccer match tonight... 4 boxes may be a little too much for my mum and I since my dad can't take sweet stuff, but in the face of tiramisu, it is never too much!

Can't wait for night to come when the tiramisu sets, and that's when the sprinkle of the coco begins... =)

2 comments:

  1. ARRGHH!!! I WANT!!! I want tiramisu!!! Hahaha... Naraya Pouchy bag bought. :) Hope it's big enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys coming over this fri? If yes, let's have an asian style dinner, haven't cooked for sometime =)

    ReplyDelete