28 October 2009

An Island





"How long are you going to stay like this?"

My mum asked me one fine day.


"What do you mean by this way?"

I was caught unaware by her question and frankly, have no idea what she was referring to.

"Being an island, keeping to yourself, staying home all day long, not meeting up your friends and such."

She sighed as she spoke.

"I am meeting up with friends, I just met up with Elizabeth a few days ago and was going to meet up with Joann until you came along and interrupted our lunch plans."

I replied defensively.

She knew that I would start raising my voice if she kept probing so she sighed and asked no more. I sulked and though about what she said, my thoughts ran through the events that occurred the last few months... I knew that I was keeping to myself, it was as if I had transformed myself into a statue, hoping that no one would notice that I exist. I simply lack the energy to make new friends... I should say it was the lack of effort. It never occur to me that one day I would be in such a situation, an island by myself.

It was my own fault, I had placed myself on this island, rooted myself there, I should have made more close friends than depend on a couple. And I know that I do not want to stay on that island anymore, I just need some time to trust again, to trust people again. I asked myself if I was satisfied with my life to die now, my answer was no, I wanted to live, to live life once again, to cherish the memories of the past and make new ones in the present. It is never too late... I choose to believe =)


No comments:

Post a Comment