18 October 2009

a day without Mrs. Chang... breakfast...

Who is Mrs. Chang? I realized nobody has ever addressed my mummy as Mrs. Chang, always as Miss. Chin. I wonder why she prefers to be addressed using her maiden name though it is quite common nowadays.

Well, my mummy has gone to Taipei to enjoy herself, without me! My initial plan was to meet her in Taipei right after my Amsterdam flight but it was too rush as I had to leave for Milan in 3 days time and I couldn't bring forward the Amsterdam trip so here I am... at home...

Again, I couldn't fall asleep at night, so I surfed the internet, watched some animes and read some food blogs. My mum warned me not to bake anything till she comes home as there would be no one to clean up my mess, there was very true, I love cooking and baking but intensely hate washing! But I decided to against her wishes and bake something =)

Breakfast... I was hoping to replicate what I ate at Mart 130 but my refrigerator was kinda of empty, that is what happens when mummy goes out of town... So I made do with luncheon meat which was pan-fried till crispy, placed on a slice of ciabatta bread, topped with a poached egg and baby tomatoes, drizzled some pesto sauce and made myself a cup of chai latte. It was my first time using the milk frother which was a spinning device that created foam on the top layer of the milk. With my clumsiness, of course, I did spilled the milk everywhere... but finally managed a decent cup of chai latte to go with my breakfast.


1 comment:

  1. Ehhh... I'm another Mrs Chang and dunno why, I'll respond when people call me that. HAHAHAHA...

    ReplyDelete