12 September 2009

New Found Love

"So... you prefer visiting the States or Europe?" many would ask.

Without hesitation...

"Europe!" I would chirped.

But now, I would think twice about saying that, having no flights to the States for the past couple of months made me realize that I do miss visiting the States. I missed...

the big portions of food usually given here with any orders (though I am never able to finish any of them =p)

the PinkBerry yoghurt I love, topped up with scoops of healthy fruits

the fact - you will never get anywhere unless you drive in Los Angeles (fortunately for me, there was always a good friend to drive me around, but he is leaving Los Angeles soon, which means I have to master driving on the left hand side or I will REALLY never get anywhere in Los Angeles in the future!)

the American accent which made me strain my ears every single time someone spoke

the wide range of books that I can find in Barnes and Nobles, and to add to that, it is only a stone's throw of the hotel that I am staying in

the bulk of fresh seasonal fruits that I can bring home (to bake tarts!)

the long hours that I can spend shopping in a big mall like Target, Costco, Albertson, Barnes and Nobles...etc

States is my new found love...

Now that I am here, I find myself lacking of time, but I am glad to be here and am hoping for a long trip to New York next month. Can you hear my prayers? =)

Well, a good friend is leaving Los Angeles soon, and he has his weekend packed with farewell breakfast, lunch and dinners. I tagged along to one of the dinner at The Boiling Crab, loving seafood, I had a good time peeling and munching the juicy shrimps which were dripping with garlic, butter and cajun spices! That is well known as - 'She-bang', the famous red sauce or seasoning, and I have to say it really hits on all the right spots in an amazing way while slurping on the sauce and peeling the shells. (I wish Ming was here, she would love this place!) That is one good restaurant that will keep me going back for more.

Oh, I had a piece of good news today, I managed to give away one of my work days, although at a certain 'price', but I was happy, it meant that I could almost five days of break! I wonder if I should shelf my original plans and just stay home to chill, hmmm, to be a light bulb or not to be, that is the question, ahahhaha. Time is running tight, and I do have to make a decision soon as there would be many things to settle if I do want to proceed with my plans, but I hate the feeling of being somewhere not needed and as we know - that is called x-tra. Think, Karen, think... I am thinking...

Oh, back to my friend who is leaving Los Angeles, he left a perfect job that he loves, a city that sheltered him for the past five years, sold the car that he just bought (at a price that made him winced every time he repeats it), in fact, I think he has left a part of himself behind. But I applaud him for having the courage to do so, how many would travel on a road of uncertainties, many of us chose to walk on a straight path, never daring to make a turn, worrying that it would bring us to a place of no return, so we chose to 'play-safe'. But I am proud to say that many of my friends are the brave ones - Ming, Jasmine, Josephine... etc. They have all chosen to open up their worlds in different ways and I salute them.

It may be a pity to leave behind all the memories here is Los Angeles, but I believe he is journeying on to something better and someone more interesting (she is interesting, pretty and kind-hearted!). And as a friend who is guilty of not asking him out when I am in Los Angeles, and sometimes lying without batting my eyelids, as he says (if I really wanna lie, he wouldn't have known, rite? heh), I am glad he is returning to the sunny island and my best friend is returning too! Yeah, now my buds list is +2 =)

Gonna try to drink more H2O today, I think I am losing my voice... and I better get back to lalaland... many errands tomorrow...

Chao

Oh yes, I miss you too, my dear friend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment