01 September 2009

Mummy's Birthday

1st of September - That is my mummy's birthday. She is the most wonderful wife, mother and mother-in-law! Oops, I am speaking for my sis-in-law. Well, I bought her a red Longchamp bag for daily use while my bro and sis-in-law gave her a Otto massager. I thought it was a great gift when my sis-in-law first told me, just what my mum needed! I attempted my lemon and orange cake... it was the worst cake I have ever made! *giggled* I think my attempt in reducing too much sugar and butter made the cake way too dense. Oh well, I guess it was a good lesson. We just had dinner at home, our Chang-family style of teppanyaki and it is the best! It works like steamboat but no soup, just a hot pan with lotsa plates and bowls of ingredients surrounding the pan, you can place whatever you want into the hot and sizzling pan. It doesn't take a long to cook, everything goes straight to your mouth once it is cooked, mmmm... =)

Well, we had rump steak beef which was sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper, chicken strips, prawns seasoned with cajun, squid (which my bro loves with butter!), scallops, vegetables, fish slices, lettuce to wrap all the yummy ingredients, all kinds of mushroom - sliced big brown swiss mushroom, small brown mushroom, golden mushroom...etc and a refreshing salad to wash away al the greasiness. In all, it was an enjoyable meal, everything was gone, nothing was left on the table when we finished. To add to the great dinner, we had lychee champagne to go along. It was a purrfect day... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment