15 September 2009

she is right

it was great to be home, to be in a place where you belong, as i sat on the floor to unpack all the goodies i brought back from the States, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, kitchenaid mixer, books, chocolate, cake stand, bear mold, ramekins... my mum looked at me and patted my head, saying:

"It was a tiring flight, wasn't it?"

Without knowing, I was crying, I nodded my head, feeling the heartache taking over once again. She knew what was happening.

"People change, you cannot control how they feel. So you must learn to accept, to let go and to be independent."

"Stop crying, you have already lost your voice."

After listening, I took a long shower and snuggled in bed, I slept and slept, never wanting to wake up.

But I did, I woke up... maybe everything was just a bad dream, none of it ever took place. Reality was harsh, such memories would never fade, I should go back to lalaland, as I was about to drift off again, someone shook my shoulder... it was my mum, she was waking me up for dinner! Which meant I had slept more than ten hours, I must be really tired. My bro and sis-in-law came by too. I wanted to stay in bed, but I guess it was time to face reality and start living my life again.

Even if I was the only one under the rain cloud, even if my world was the only one that stopped spinning, I know I can pick myself up and start all over again. My mum is right... Accept and the rest has nothing to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment