19 September 2009

Tarty-Tart

this is my first... first time baking a tart, i was a little worried but very excited as i love tarts especially strawberry tarts! i remember when i was a small little girl, my 'little' aunt, no, i don't mean physically little but we called her that as she was the youngest aunt we had, it's a direct translation to english on how we address her in teo-chew, she loves buying me tarts, especially the strawberry and fruit tarts from deli-france and i never get tired of them, so it's a challenge to bake something i enjoy, i wouldn't want to leave any bad memories with my beloved tarts =)

well, i have to say it turn out quite decent, though the tart crust was not as soft as i would like to be, but it was good on the first attempt. i brought the tarts to my brother's place and totally forgotten about the delicious cream which i did spent quite some time on until i was on my way in a cab... so i had to make do with another cream that i whipped up at their place, it was okay but not as good i have to say.


i was glad that they enjoyed the tarts although the 'tempura-frying' part of the evening was like a war-zone, trying to shield ourselves with the saucepan cover from all the splattering oil, i was the one and only wounded soldier, with 2-cm long burn scar smacked right in the middle of my wrist, i wish it would go away soon, i hate scars...

till the next 'bake-me-a-tart' day, i am gonna try to bake something new almost everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment